Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Data Phones!

Our district has recently switched to I-Phones as our form of cellular communication for school administrators. We were offered the opportunity to personally purchase them at a discounted rate, with the district picking up the majority of the cost for the plan. I had not used a data phone in the past, so it was a new world for me. After initially having my doubts of the usefulness and time it was going to take to make the switch, I am now a believer. Having this phone makes my life much easier. I can check and respond to emails while away from school, look up student information using the Lumen application, and schedule events using the phones calendar. I'm learning how to do new things on this phone everyday. I recently attended a principal conference in Columbia over a three day period and not once did I feel out of the loop as far as what was going on at school. What a great tool!

1 comment:

  1. great tool for staying connected - everyone else thinks you are around to which can be a bad thing! good job on the blog -hope you keep it up! dr. bob

    ReplyDelete