Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Technology! How much is too much?

After completing last week’s assignments, I started to contemplate about how we get so wrapped up in the bells and whistles of technology, and if it starts to take away from the important things. Don’t get me wrong, I feel I’m as progressive as most in the area of implementing and practicing the use of technology. But how much is too much? Does the constant technology use; filling out reports, checking email, blogging, twittering, texting, calling, and receiving constant information take away from our day to day contact and relationships with people? Real people! Not the facebook comments made by our pictured friends or the twitter messages viewed on a daily basis. Where do we draw the line? Are we still teaching our students to communicate face to face? Does the time spent with technology take away from real contact we could be having with our friends, families, and students? There must be a balance. Every once in a while take a step back, shut off the computer , turn off the i-phone, heck even shut down the fax machine, and enjoy real conversation with real people. Oh, by the way, don’t get me wrong, I’m not throwing away my new i-phone. Just thinking out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment