Tuesday, September 22, 2009

When the Network is Down Our World Stops!!!!

Have you ever had one of those days when you had planned to get a pile full of paper work completed and maybe even a last minute technology assignment? Of course in today's world that requires a working computer with a working network. So you can imagine my dismay when after logging into my computer this morning nothing worked. That was the scene at Fair Grove R-X schools at approximately 7:15 AM. The storm from the previous night hit our district's phone lines, which required the phone company to come out to make repairs. Yes, another storm, that's just what we needed at Fair Grove. I believe I witnessed one of our teachers twitching and convulsing after hearing this announcement come over the intercom. "Teachers and administrators your computers will be useless today for virtually all operations and will probably not be working until the network phone lines are repaired by tomorrow, so just deal with it." At least, that's how I heard it! So, because I had little that could be done in my office, I had to do common things such as; walk the halls and talk to students, rekindle old relationships with teachers, complete observations on paper with a pen, pick up trash in the hallways, and even help my assistant principal with supervision. Can you imagine having to do this everyday! Well, luckily the network was up and running by 11:00 AM. I got to finish my assignments, oops I mean my paper work, and life was good again. Thank God for technology.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stealing my topic. My new post is going to be about my boss stealing my topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a tragic day at Fair Grove. Can't we all express our feelings about that day? :(

    ReplyDelete